Replace Missing Teeth with Dental Implants
When you are missing teeth, the gaps in your smile can affect every aspect of your daily life. Eating, speaking, and smiling all become more difficult. At Czaplicki Family Dentistry in Milwaukee, WI, we offer dental implants, the gold standard in tooth replacement. Dr. Don Czaplicki and Dr. Cathleen Czaplicki provide both implant placement and restoration, allowing for streamlined treatment with no need for referrals. Whether you need to replace a single tooth with a crown or restore your entire smile with an implant-supported denture, we can meet your needs.
Understanding Dental Implants
An implant-supported restoration has three parts: the implant, the abutment, and the restoration. The implant itself is a small titanium post that acts as an artificial tooth root. The post then provides exceptional support for a crown, bridge, or denture. By replacing the entire structure of the tooth, these restorations offer an unrivaled level of stability, comfort, and appearance.
Am I a Candidate?
The best way to find out if you qualify for an implant-supported restoration is to schedule an appointment with our team. During your initial consultation, your dentist will perform a comprehensive evaluation of your oral health and discuss your medical history with you. We will also take digital x-rays and scans to assess your jawbone, gums, sinuses, and any remaining teeth.
Ideal candidates for dental implants:
- Are in good oral and overall health
- Have lost one or more teeth
- Have sufficient jawbone tissue to support implants
- Have healthy gums
Our state-of-the-art dental technology allows your dentist to precisely plan your treatment. With a range of services available at our office, we can also perform preparatory procedures to address certain candidacy concerns, such as recessed jawbone tissue.
The Treatment Process
For most patients, replacing teeth with dental implants requires multiple visits to our office and several months to complete. Your dentist will carefully plan your treatment to provide the most successful results possible. The typical steps involved in implant treatment are:
- Preparatory procedures: If you have oral health concerns, such as insufficient bone tissue or periodontal disease, you will need preparatory procedures before receiving implants. Depending on the treatment, it can take a few months to heal before undergoing implant surgery.
- Implant placement: Your dentist will embed the implant posts into your jaw bone. The number of implants you need will depend on the size of the restoration you are receiving. We offer sedation to make your treatment more comfortable.
- Three to six months of healing: It takes an average of three to six months for implant posts to fully fuse with the jawbone. We will monitor your progress during this time to ensure your implants are healing properly.
- Final restoration: Once your implants have completely fused to the jaw, Dr. Czaplicki can attach a custom restoration using an abutment for a completely restored smile.
Implants can stop the jawbone atrophy that occurs after the loss of a tooth. In fact, implants are the only restorative dentistry treatment capable of providing this benefit.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
Patients sometimes hesitate when they realize how much additional time is required to receive implants. However, implant-supported restorations offer significant benefits over other tooth replacement options, including:
- Enhanced comfort
- A natural fit and feel
- Improved oral health
- Lasting benefits
Perhaps most importantly, implants can stop the jawbone atrophy that occurs after the loss of a tooth. In fact, implants are the only restorative dentistry treatment capable of providing this invaluable benefit.
Restore Your Smile
At Czaplicki Family Dentistry, we recommend dental implants to all qualifying patients because they offer an opportunity to greatly improve your quality of life. For more information about this advanced treatment option, contact our office online or call (414) 427-9090 today.
“I've been going there for several years, they are all very nice and go out of their way to accommodate you with any issue.” Diane D.